Honorable Minister of Health,
It is my great honor, on behalf of the Director General of State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine of People’s Republic of China, to invite you together with one assistant of yours to attend the “2006 Governmental Forum on Traditional Medicine (2006GFTRM)” which will be held from October 26-27, 2006 in Beijing, China.
The State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine of People’s Republic of China and relative ministries, and World Health Organization (WHO), jointly sponsor this Governmental Forum. The State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine will cover the accommodation and local transportation during your staying in China.
The purpose of this Governmental Forum:
1. Promote the implementation of four strategic objectives under WHA56/31 Resolution, develop traditional medicine, and enhance the position, application and management level of traditional medicine;
2. Discuss the communication and cooperation mechanism and projects on the development and management of traditional medicine under the frame of WHA56/31 among the governmental Health administrations.
The Content of this Governmental Forum:
1. Review and analyze the categories within national health systems with regard to the TM/CAM,
1) Legislation and regulation of TM/CAM
2) Regulation in TM physicians and practitioners
3) TRM/CAM medicine management
4) Share experience and information on the above issues
2. Discuss key step for integration of TM/CAM into national health systems
3. Discuss the establishment of permanent cooperation platform and mechanism: TM Government Forum Secretary
2) Sponsor Organization
3) Date and venue
4) Focal point
In this second Announcement, we try to provide you with the Forum update in various aspects, ranging from the Forum program of Work, to registration information and abstract submission form, etc. You are cordially invited to take part in this governmental Forum by submitting your abstracts. Please be reminded also to make the governmental Forum registration as early as possible.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Beijing this October.
Prof. SHE JING
Ministry of Health
State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine