The President of China Association of Acupuncture-Moxibustion Li Weiheng Responding to the Questions by Journalist
Journalist from People's Daily
President Li: as the main member of World Federation of Acupuncture-Moxibustion Societies (WFAS) and the organization undertaking this congress, in which aspects does China Association of Acupuncture-Moxibustion play its role of developing world acupuncture?
President Li Weiheng:
China Association of Acupuncture-Moxibustion is an important member of WFAS as well as one of initiators who promote the establishment of WFAS. Combining extensive relationships, abundant talents and solid foundation together, China Association of Acupuncture-Moxibustion has made its due contribution to the development of world acupuncture. In the following aspects does China Association of Acupuncture-Moxibustion play its role of developing world acupuncture.
1. To carry out academic exchanges is the main work of the association. The association holds domestic and international conferences for 10 to 15 times each year and enhances the quality of academic exchanges continuously.
2. Acupuncture education and talents training. The subordinate body, acupuncture educational committee, discusses and guides the issue of acupuncture education and carries out education at different levels from technical secondary education to doctor's education.
3. Scientific popularity of acupuncture is the urgent problem in both domestic regions and abroad that needs to be solved, which is so far relatively lack of strength.
4. Organize specialists of high level to research the theory of acupuncture technique and the mechanism of acupuncture.
5. Acupuncture standardization is also one part of the essential work in the association. The association organizes specialists to engage in it actively to research and set some international and domestic standards. There are 11 entries of standards that have been examined and approved in our country and over 10 more standards waiting for approval. The aim is to establish a complete set of standard for the whole flow of treating diseases with acupuncture so that it would become another all-around standard reference and regulation of acupuncture. With WFAS as its supporter, it pushes the international standard gradually.
6. To publish journals like China Acupuncture & Moxibustion and Acupuncture Research.